Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fashionably Feminine Rooms

I going through a pretty big transition right now, a break-up, and soon I'll be living alone for the first time in my life!  I'm not sure how that's going to feel exactly, but one thing that cheers me up a bit is the thought of getting to decorate a new apartment/home!  And for the first time ever, I won't be sharing my bedroom, or any room, with a man so I could go as girly as I want!  ...But I'm not a teenager any more so bubblegum pinks & unicorns don't exactly appeal to me these days.  I've spent so many years decorating in a gender neutral style that I'm not even sure how to do a feminine room that also looks like a, ya know, grown-up lives there! 

Once again the internet comes to my rescue!  Here are my picks for chic, lady-like spaces.

First and foremost, fresh flowers at the breakfast table are a must! :)
And also flowers on her nightstand.

pretty pattern play
deep cranberry pinks are more adult
Just a touch of animal print is fun!
Balance pastels with neutrals like grey or cream
I'd never buy a pink sofa, but how great is this room? It's like Barbie, grown up.

I like this room although I think the lavender lamp is just too much pastel.
And of course any single gal should have a fabulous dressing room!  I mean, if you actually have an extra room to spare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?