Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Workwear Wednesday

I've decided that I'm going to start doing a weekly feature every Wednesday on the stylish working girls wardrobe.  This is brought on by the fact that, since I work for myself AND work from home my professional wardrobe has become almost non-existent.  It's not that I meet clients in sweat pants or anything like that, but I've realized that over the past two years my biz-casual garb has dwindled down to two button-down shirts, a tunic, & my skinny jeans.  I don't even own a single pair of slacks anymore!   And it's SOOO easy to just throw on something cozy on the days I don't have any meetings.  But here's the problem: those uber cozy clothes make me way less productive.  As an experiment to evaluate my own productivity and time management I decided that I'd dress as though I was going into an office for one week (this also meant I wasn't allowed to go around in stocking feet all day).  The results?  I was much more productive and my head stayed focused on work all day!  It's also much harder to curl up on the sofa in heels.  But I had a really hard time even finding office-worthy outfits in my closet so now I'm on the hunt for stylish workwear pieces to add to my wardrobe!  They must be casual and comfortable for working from home but professional enough for a business lunch out. Oh, & I want to be able to wear jeans any time I want!  It's going to be a balancing act I think.

Stylish, but too formal for me.
Ah!  Perfect!
I actually own a skirt very similar to this but haven't know whow to wear it!
source
source
source
source

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?